Team Building Events
Fun and Unique Team Building Events for Groups in our downtown Nashville studio
Dabble Studio offers a variety of team building options for groups of 2 to 100 people:
We are happy to customize an event for you and your group that is sure to be fun, collaborative, and interactive!
Standard event options include the following, but we are always open to customizing to accommodate your unique idea:
Combination Cooking-and-Painting Classes
Mixology MIngle Events (can be combined with Cooking or Painting or Combo Events)
Pizza MIngle Events
Food Tours -- both Walking Food Tours and Driving Food Tours
Photo Safaris -- can be combined with Food Tours
Interactive, delicious fun! Guests learn knife skills, seasoning, and other tips from our chef-instructor, and work in teams to prepare a menu. Examples of standard menu items include:
- Pizza Mingle -- Artisan flatbreads served with arugula salad topping,
- Italian Dinner – Make-Your-Own-Pasta and/or Bolognese meat sauce served with carpaccio, salad, and bread,
- Southern Comforts -- Chipotle shrimp, gouda grits, and pimento cheese
- French Cuisine Made Easy – Coq au Vin
- Spanish Nights -- Paella
- Mexican Fiesta -- Salsa served with chips and dipping accompaniments or taco bar,
- Secrets of Sushi – Sushi history and etiquette followed by making sushi rolls and pad thai
- Canapes Craze -- Appetizers, served with accompaniments, and
- Mixology Mingles -- Custom cocktails.
Cooking classes can be structured as a cook-off contest or a market basket challenge for that added element of fun competition. Your group will enjoy the fruits of your culinary efforts at the end of the event, sharing a meal family-style! Your team will find that preparing a meal with colleagues is as fun as it is rewarding!
A great option for larger groups! Our artist-instructor will guide you each through creating your paintings. Add a little friendly competition, or just enjoy exercising another part of your brain! Team-oriented options for painting events include:
- Our popular Paint-And-Sip Painting Classes. Choose a painting from our gallery, or we’ll customize one just for your group. Our artist-instructor will guide you step-by-step through creating 8 x 10 (great for groups traveling by plane) or 16 x 20 paintings of your group's chosen design. A custom design can be created for your group's event for an additional $50 fee.
- Paint Your Corporate Logo. Either each participant paints their version of your (pre-stenciled by us) corporate logo on an 8 x 10 (great for groups traveling by plane) or 16 x 20 canvas, or guests create one or more larger versions of your logo, with each individual or team creating a piece of your logo on pre-stenciled canvases.
- Musical Chairs Painting. Guests work in teams and rotate between team painting stations whenever the music stops as our artist-instructor guides them through painting parts of a predetermined design on their (16 x 20 or larger) canvas.
- Open Studio. Each guest can choose to paint any 8 x 10 (great for groups traveling by plane) or 16 x 20 painting from our gallery (we will pre-stencil canvases and provide example paintings) OR guests can choose to paint their own unique design.
- Abstract Paintings or Mural Creation. Our artist-instructor will share basics of abstract design as well as instruction on color choice, color interaction, and color layering. Guests will then create their own 8 x 10 (great for groups traveling by plane) or 16 x 20 abstract painting that can either stand alone or be displayed with the paintings of other guests to create an abstract mural.
- Inspirational Quote Open Studio. Provided with examples and some basic instruction on design and color choice, guests each create their own individual 8 x 10 (great for groups traveling by plane) or 16 x 20 painting of an inspirational word or quote on an attractive color field. Inspirational words or quotes can be keyed to a predetermined theme that resonates with your organization.
- Painting Contest. An element of fun competition can be added to any of the above painting event concepts. The event organizer or group supervisor concludes the event with awards and prizes given to (for example): "Budding Artist," "Most Creative," and the "Bless Your Heart" award for that enthusiastic participant for whom the process matters more than the result :)
Combination Cooking-and-Painting Classes
Our Dabble-exclusive combo classes make the perfect unique, fun, and interactive team building event. They feature the best of what Dabble has to offer, all in one event! Guests learn about knife skills, ingredients, and expert seasoning tips from our chef-instructor. They then work in teams to create your chosen menu. While the food is cooking, guests are led step-by-step by our artist-instructor in the creation of pre-stenciled 8 x 10 canvases (great for groups traveling by plane) of a design pre-chosen from our 8 x 10 gallery. As guests are completing their paintings, the food is plated by our chef. Guests then enjoy eating their culinary creation, family-style.
Combination Cooking-and-Painting options include:
- Pizza and Painting – artisan flatbreads topped with arugula salad
- Pasta and Painting – bolognese meat sauce served with pasta and salad
- Cocktails and Canvas – signature cocktails
- Canapes and Canvas – appetizers
- Pimento and Painting – zesty pimento cheese spread and accompaniments
- Sushi and Painting – sushi history, etiquette, and sushi rolls
Mixology Mingle Events
Guests learn about mixology and different spirits from one of our mixologists, then work in teams to create signature cocktails. Times for mingling and networking are interspersed throughout the event in between drink creations. Teams can remain the same throughout the event, or can be scrambled before each cocktail creation for additional mingling opportunities.
Mixology Mingle can also be added to Cooking or Painting or Combo events!
Roll With The Foodies! Food tours for from 2-100 people provide the unique opportunity to check out the specialties of 4-5 Nashville hot spots on a narrative tour! Get ready to discover some of Nashville’s best-kept secrets and renowned culinary gems! Guests travel by foot, van, or coach to (usually) five different tasting locations to sample quintessential Nashville foods and drink such as locally brewed craft beers, authentic Nashville hot chicken, barbecue, bourbon, or desserts. Along the way, we pass landmarks and discuss Nashville’s history and culture. Food equals a full meal and guests on driving tours are welcome to BYOB on the van or coach. A trivia quiz, scavenger hunt, or I Spy game can be included to add an element of fun competition. Food tours can be customized to your group’s food and drink preferences, and, depending on the tour chosen and with advance notice, some dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
Nashville is a beautiful, colorful, photogenic town! Photo Safari guests travel by foot, van, or coach to a variety of Nashville parks and neighborhoods with the best photo ops. Our photographer-artist provides a take-home guide featuring tips and hints for the best photo composition and lighting. She is available throughout the safari to help guests get great photos, with an emphasis on smartphone and point-and-shoot cameras, as well as tips on post-photography editing capabilities right on your smartphone.
Photo Safaris can be combined with a Food Tour, to include a catered picnic lunch and/or stops for “uniquely Nashville” food and drink samples.
Photo Safaris also can be paired with a post-event photo contest with guests voting on their favorites from team member submissions.
NOTE: The weather can be a factor in the success of this tour, though we can provide some alternate indoor locations in case of rain.
Your Custom Event!
Have your own unique idea for your event? We are always open to new ways to Dabble! Share your ideas with us and we’ll see if we can bring them to life!
Our Downtown Nashville Studio
Dabble Studio is conveniently located in the Capitol North/Germantown area of downtown Nashville, a few blocks from the new Sounds stadium and the Nashville Farmers’ Market. You will love our bright, clean, contemporary studio, with ample nearby parking! Our guests appreciate our fun, comfortable, welcoming vibe and great background music.
Depending on the type of event, our studio can welcome up to 50 guests, and we work with partner venues to accommodate larger groups.
Food and Drink
While you are always welcome to BYOB and to bring your own food or food from an outside caterer, many of our guests love our one-stop service! Our chef can provide food for your event, and we can also provide soft drinks, bottled water, wine, beer, and cocktails for your group.
Our Top-Notch Dabble Team Building Team
When you plan a team building event at Dabble Studio, you have the benefit of a team with outstanding relevant background and experience.
Jamie, our culinary instructor, holds a B.S. degree in Psychology from Fordham University in New York City and several years of client relation development on Wall Street, in addition to completing her culinary education at the Institute for Culinary Education in Manhattan.
Lynn, our art instructor and photographer, has a B.A. in Communication (Public Relations emphasis) with a minor in Business from Purdue University, a Master’s degree in Organizational Communication from The Ohio State University, and many years of public relations, advertising, and client relationship experience in a variety of settings.
TJ, Dabble LLC’s president and head of our food tour company, Nashville Food Adventures, successfully ran a national chain of computer stores, and a nationwide consulting company, for two decades, overseeing more than 2,000 employees in sales, customer service, manufacturing, marketing, human resources, and finance. He holds a dual degree in Marketing and Finance from Purdue University.
Our experience and our love for seeing people enjoy themselves is why we do what we do!
We look forward to helping bring your team together for a fun and memorable team building event!
Start Planning Your Team Building Event Today
More InformationPremium Private Dinner Parties
Frequently Asked Questions
Food Tours Descriptions